What to bring?
- Hits: 5423
What to bring to your mosaic workshops/ classes?
Mosaic school is in!
Please gather up the following items and name your items.
- Note the date and time of your workshop in your diary
- Check the directions
- Get some rest!
Your check List.
- Safety glasses – a must! If you don’t own a pair, you may purchase a pair of safety glasses at OzMosaics or order when you book in for your workshop - we will have them ready with your beginner pack at the workshop.It’s important to have a pair of safety glasses that fit comfortably and fit, if applicable over your reading glasses. We have the perfect safety glasses in stock, to save you time running around searching.
Don’t bring the safety goggles with elastic, they are uncomfortable, hot and fog up! Phone or email for more information if you are unsure of your safety glasses. You will need a pair for the rest of your mosaic life! View/purchase the safety glasses in OzMosaics online shop.
- Camera – you may take photos of your work in progress but taking photos of our home, studio, gardens and Sandy's artwork is not permitted at the studio. Photos of all Sandy's mosaics are on the website for easy viewing. OzMosaics appreciate you respecting our privacy and copyrighted artworks. It's a good idea to take photos of your mosaic in progress during the workshop - fun and a good reminder.
- Note Pad – to jot down some info. You will receive a CD with notes with your Beginner pack - you will be too busy making your mosaics to take many notes! Luckily, Sandy's students are able to contact OzMosaics for help at any time, after their workshop or join us on Mosaic Addict's Tuesday!
- Apron – one you can dedicate to your future mosaic-making! It will get grotty! Or wear old clothes - old t-shirts make fabulous aprons!
- Water bottle– a pop-up top one is great or anything you find easy to drink from – it keeps the grout dust and shards out of your water and it’s handy at the workbench. Please name your water-bottle. OzMosaics provides tap-water for refills, if you wish to drink designer water, please bring your own supplies.
- Lunch and treats– bring something for lunch – perhaps sandwich or a salad, but make it easy on yourself. OzMosaics has a fridge and microwave but most students eat and run back to the workbench! Bring anything you wish to nibble on during the workshop. Chocolate, fruit, biscuits, lollies, morning/afternoon tea.
OzMosaics provides complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits. Tea (tea bags) and coffee (instant) - sometimes we have a nice brew going) so bring any specialty tea or coffee in your “school bag”. We do not supply herbal tea bags etc. A fridge, microwave, cups and hot water urn is available.
- Final Payment - Unless you have paid your workshop in full at time of booking, the balance due for your workshop is payable at the end of your workshop. Credit card, cash, eftpos facilities are available at the studio. If you wish to order any mosaic tools or products, it's a good time to shop while you are at the studio. On line shopping is also available. If you wish to place an order to collect on the day, contact Dave or place your order online and it will be ready for you at your workshop.
- Directions Print out a map/contact numbers to have on hand, in case you get lost. Phone or email us for directions. If you are running late, give us a call and we will know to delay the class or adjust it to assist you, when you arrive. Don't become upset if you are lost or running late, we want you safe and sound. See you soon. . If you have any questions give us a call or email, we look forward to meeting you at your workshopLorem et nunc congue pede auctor
- If you need to change the day of your workshop contact OzMosaics to reschedule - please give at least a week's notice if possible.
- Class numbers are kept to 6 for your benefit, so if you cancel your class you lose your deposit. If you have any problems phone us to discuss them, we wish to do all we can to work in with you, within reason.
- Have a good night’s sleep before your class! It's a busy day! Leave your worries at the doorstep and enjoy a wonderful day with other excited students! It's so good for you!
- Be warned - mosaic art can be very addictive!
- To print this list, use the Print ICON on this content page.
Fibreglass mesh is great! Learn to use it in Workshop A!